You have several options for viewing satellite imagery in Alerts. All of them can be accessed from the Satellite Imagery/Compare Maps tab in the sidebar.
To access satellite imagery:
1. Log into SkyTruth Alerts.
2. Navigate to the area or location you would like to monitor.
3. Select the Satellite Imagery/Compare Maps tab from the sidebar.
4. On the satellite imagery popup, select the type of satellite imagery you want to view. Get information about each type of satellite imagery by selecting the “i” icon to the left of each option.
5. Choose filtering options (date, cloud cover amounts, etc.). Filtering options vary by the type of satellite imagery you select.
To compare satellite imagery from two different timeframes:
1. Select the imagery source for the first image, then click Set map 1.
2. Select the imagery source for the second image, then click Set map 2.
3. Select the type of comparison you’d like, then click the Compare button.
The FAQ also has information about satellite imagery.
Comparison using NDVI (Normalized Difference Vegetation Index)
Comparison of satellite imagery from Sentinel-2
To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: