You have several options for viewing satellite imagery in Alerts. All of them can be accessed from the Alerts Toolbar.
To access satellite imagery:
1. Log into SkyTruth Alerts.
2. Navigate to the Area of Interest (AOI) or location you would like to monitor.
3. Select the satellite imagery icon from the Alerts toolbar.
4. On the satellite imagery popup, select the type of satellite imagery you want to view. You can find out more about each type by selecting the “i” icon next to each type.
5. There are other options (monthly mosaic, date, cloud cover limits, etc.), depending on the type of satellite imagery you choose.
6. In all cases, you can turn on labels, which will show roads, cities, towns, etc., over the imagery.
You can also compare satellite imagery from two different dates.
To compare satellite imagery:
1. Select the imagery source for the first image, then click Set left image.
2. Select the imagery source for the second image, then click Set right image.
3. Select the type of comparison you’d like, then click the Compare button.
The FAQ also has information about satellite imagery.