Alerts How-To Guide
Manage Areas of Interest
This feature requires you to register for an account.
Areas of Interest (aka AOIs) let you monitor an area you care about without having to search for it every time you view it. It also lets you receive email notifications when there are new alerts in that area.
Create an AOI
- Log in to SkyTruth Alerts.
- Select My Areas on the left sidebar.
- Click the Explore a New Area button.
- There are four ways to create AOI:
– Current map – your AOI will be what you currently see on the map
– Polygon – create an AOI that is not a simple shape like a rectangle
– Rectangle – creates rectangular or square AOIs
– Pre-Defined AOIs – select an entire state or county
- Create your AOI boundary (black lines will show), then click the Add this AOI to my list button.
- Type in a name for your AOI and select Save.
- Click the Return to AOI list to see all of your AOIs.
View an AOI
To view an AOI, click the map thumbnail or the name of your AOI.
Delete an AOI
To delete an AOI, click the trash can icon next to the AOI.