Alerts How-To Guide
Get Alerts for Your County
There are three steps to getting notifications about Alerts in your county:
- Sign up for an account
- Select your county, and
- Select which alerts you want to be notified about
Sign up for an account
- Go to https://alerts.skytruth.org.
- Click Login at top right. You’ll see a login screen.
- Toward the bottom of the screen, it says “Don’t have an account?” Click Register Here.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a User ID, type in a password twice, and enter the email address which you want to use for notifications.
- Click the Register button.
- You should see a “Registration Successful” message. Click the Login button on that screen and login.
Select your area of interest (AOI)
- Click the My Areas tab in the left sidebar.
- Click the Explore New Area Button.
- Click the Pre-Defined AOIs button. (AOI = Area of Interest)
- Select your state from the dropdown, then select your county.
- Click the Explore button next to your county’s name.
- Click Add this AOI to My List.
- Type in a name for your AOI, then click the SAVE button.
Select which alerts you want to receive
- Click on the Main Menu icon at top left. ( )
- Select Settings. You’ll see a list of all available Alerts.
- From the list, choose which alerts you want to be notified about.
There is more information about alerts sources on the SkyTruth Alerts landing page. You can go back to Settings later to “tune” your alerts if you wish.]
- Click the Submit button.
[You will start to receive email notifications as soon as we have them. NRC alerts are typically released once a week, usually on Tuesday or Wednesday. State agencies tend to publish alerts more frequently and we check them daily.]