If you have a data layer you would like to view in SkyTruth Alerts, you can drag it onto the map to view it as a layer. Alerts supports GeoJSON, shapefile, CSV and KML data layers.
After you add a layer, you can adjust the opacity and the color of your data.
All files (except shapefile data) must be decompressed before you add them to Alerts.
To add a data layer to Alerts:
- Find the data layer from your desktop or in a list of files on your computer in the Finder or Explore window, etc.
- Click and drag the data layer to the center the SkyTruth Alerts map.
To remove the data layer:
- Click the X icon next to the data layer filename in the Drag and Drop Files tab.
Save a data layer to My Layers on the Layers tab:
- Click the save icon at the top left of the Drag and Drop sidebar.
- Add a name for your layer and any information required to cite it — copyright information, link to the source, etc.
- Click the Save button.
Click the Layers tab and your layer will be listed in the My Layers section.
- KMZ data layers must be uncompressed (converted to KML layers) before dragging them to the Alerts map. This can be done by using Google Earth to import and then export the data.