SkyTruth has launched an app that models “drill out scenarios” for various setback distances. Read more about this project in our blog post. A list of data sets and studies used to create the app are below in the Resources section.
If you would like to have a personal walk-through, or have questions, please contact Brendan Jarrell, the app’s creator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the App
Watch the Webinar
- SkyTruth Blog Post about the Drilling Setbacks App
- Allegheny County GIS Open DataAllegheny County Boundary + Municipal Boundary
- Building Footprint Data for Allegheny CountyFrom the Pennsylvania Geospatial Data Clearinghouse
- Current Drilling SitesFrom PA Department of Environmental Protection
- Many Allegheny County cities, municipalities unprepared for shale gas drilling reboundPittsburgh-Post Gazette article by Don Hopey, May 30, 2017
- Setback Distances for Unconventional Oil and Gas Development: Delphi Study ResultsPLOS ONE, Celia Lewis, Lydia H. Greiner, David R. Brown, August 16, 2018
- Association Between Unconventional Natural Gas Development in the Marcellus Shale and Asthma ExacerbationsSara G. Rasmussen, MHS, Elizabeth L. Ogburn, PhD, Meredith McCormack, MD, et al, September 2016